What makes our Pastry Topped Pies so good? Here are our top 5 reasons why it's Thyme to try our pies:
1. All butter pastry. Butter is essential for achieving the very best colour & flavour, look out for pastry that contains margarine, it will be greasier, lack taste and won't give you a golden brown colour.
2. Puff pastry top. A puff pastry lid makes for a tastier pie altogether. Pies that are encased in a shortcrust pastry tend to be heavier and drier with an uneven filling to pastry ratio. A puff pastry lid atop a rich and tasty pie filling provides the perfect pastry to filling ratio and makes for a much better pie.
3. Free-range meat. Our Chicken & Ham Hock and our Creamy Chicken Pie include huge chunks of free-range chicken and our Beef & Stout and Beef & Mushroom pies are full of chunks of locally sourced Herefordshire beef - rather than fines of meat lost in a gravy.
4. Full flavours. Rich mature Cheddar cheese, Red Leicester (try our Potato, Leek & Cheese Pie ) and slowly cooked gravies guarantee maximum taste.
5. Frozen pastry. Pastry just works better frozen. If you're going to the trouble of making pastry at home, always make extra and freeze. It freezes beautifully and cooks better straight from frozen.
Browse our range of Pastry Topped Pies and pick your favourites.