- 500g Brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 160g smoked cubed pancetta
- 180g cooked, peeled & ready to use whole chestnuts
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- Handful of flat leaf parsley
- Knob of butter
- Dried red chilli flakes, optional
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the sprouts, remove any tough outer leaves and halve.
- Place in a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Bring to the boil then simmer until just al dente (around 5 minutes depending on size). Drain well.
- Add the groundnut oil to a large frying pan. Add the pancetta and cook until starting to brown and sizzle. Add the spouts & chestnuts and sauté, allowing the pancetta to crisp and the sprouts to become golden at the edges. Add the garlic and sauté for a further 2-3 minutes. Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Season well and add a pinch of chilli flakes and some freshly grated parmesan if desired. Chop the flat leaf parsley and scatter over the sprouts before serving.
We love hearing from you so be sure to tweet, email or send us pictures to let us know how these delicious recipes go down with your family and friends.