Pork in Cider Vol Au Vents
- Thyme Pork in Cider Casserole for one
- 36 vol au vent cases (we used frozen Jus Rol Medium Vol Au Vents)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Tablespoon milk
- 1 apple, cored, peeled and slice very thinly
- 100g Stilton cheese (or any crumbly blue cheese)
- A handful of flat leaved parsley, chopped
- Heat the oven to 200C fan
- Mix the beaten egg & milk together in a small bowl
- Remove the vol au vent cases from the box and place onto a baking tray, brush the outside edges with the egg wash. Place into the oven and cook for 15 minutes until the pastry cases are risen & golden. Allow to cool
- Follow the microwave instructions on the coq au vin
- Peel and slice the apple finely – almost see through
- Use a sharp knife & fork to cut up any large pieces in the casserole.
- Fill each vol au vent case with a spoonful of casserole, top with a slice of apple and sprinkle with the Stilton & parsley.