Avocado- Health Food or Hand Hazard?
Statistically, avocados are one of the most dangerous foods you can love. Studies show that scores of both inexperienced and seasoned cooks alike have found themselves the victim of the dreaded “avocado hand” while trying to navigate opening the soft, sometimes slippery fruit with a kitchen knife. A Google search for avocado injuries could completely turn you away from enjoying this creamy delicacy, so we had to come up with a safer option.
Enter Strong Roots Frozen Avocado Halves. No peeling, no pitting, and no knives involved whatsoever. Just the jade green fruits ready to go whenever or wherever you need them.
Now you’ve got no excuse to miss out on avocado in your smoothies, on your toast, or in your favourite recipe. And you don’t have to worry about losing fingers to a heinous fruit-cutting accident either.
Here are a few tasty treats you can whip up in no time at all with Strong Roots Frozen Avocado Halves, plus here's our classic Guacamole Recipe
Avocado and Charred Pepper Burger with Spicy Mayo
A juicy grilled burger topped with chunky avocado, sweet grilled bell peppers, and a bit of spicy mayo to kick it in the behind.
- 1 Thyme Beef Burger
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed oil
- 1 yellow pepper, quartered and seeds and stem removed
- 1 red pepper, quartered and seeds removed
- a few round slices of red onion
- 1 Strong Roots Frozen Avocado half, defrosted
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 burger bun, toasted
- Thyme Beer Battered Chips
- Preheat oven to 200C. Cook Thyme Beer Batter Chips according to instructions.
- Meanwhile, grill a Thyme Beef Burger Burger to your liking on a charcoal grill or grill pan.
- While burger is grilling, rub the oil on the skin sides of the bell peppers and onion. Grill them along with the burger until charred and soft. Remove from grill and dice. Set aside.
- Chop or mash one avocado half until fine and smooth. Stir in the chopped coriander.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise and the hot sauce.
- Assemble the burger on the toasted bun with a bit of the spicy mayo, a bit of the charred pepper and onions, the burger, avocado, peppers and onions again, and enjoy. Serve with chips.
Purple Rain and Avocado Smoothie
A big burst of strawberry, pomegranate, and black currant whipped up into a thick and tasty treat with the addition of frozen avocado and a splash of coconut water.
200-300ml of coconut water, depending on preference. (can be substituted with soy or nut milk)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend for 1-2 minutes.
Mocha-cado Iced Coffee
You might be surprised by how delicious this combination is! Strong coffee, creamy condensed milk, and smooth avocado. You’ll never look at an avocado the same way again!
- 200ml of strong black coffee, chilled
- 100g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Strong Roots Frozen Avocado half
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chocolate sauce
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend for 1-2 minutes. Serve chilled with a dusting of cinnamon and a straw.