Prized for its natural collagen content, Bone Broth has a deep history in Chinese medicine and is considered by many to be a healing superfood. Rich in minerals and full of healing compounds like collagen, flutamine, glycine & proline.
Many believe that Bone Broth can help reduce inflammation, boost the immune system, treat digestion problems and even reduce cellulite.
Our Bone Broth from Osius The Bone Broth Company, is simmered for 48 hours and is full of complementing superfoods:
- Apple Cider Vinegar with The Mother. The Mother is a substance that forms naturally and gives the vinegar a cloudy appearance. The Mother, only found in unfiltered, unpasteurised Apple Cider Vinegar, is believed to be rich in health-boosting natural protein, healthy bacteria & acetic acid. All considered to help fight coughs & colds, support your immune system and speed up your metabolism.
- Kombu Seaweed (Kelp). Seaweed is super rich in mineral content and is full of digestive enzymes to help reduce bloating and improve digestion. It's also a rich source of iron.
- Turmeric. There's a lot in the news about turmeric and how it's the super spice that can help with a whole host of joint complaints. Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric and acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory. Consuming turmeric with black pepper assists the curcumin to be absorbed into the bloodstream.
Bone Broth can be eaten as it comes, or it's the perfect stock for risottos, soups, casseroles and noodle bowls. It's even used in smoothies (but we didn't really fancy that)
With 4 flavours to try (including our Vegan Broth, approved by the Vegan Society) You can easily adapt recipes.
- Organic Beef Bone Broth with Turmeric available in 250ml or 500ml contains 3.4g of natural collagen per 100ml
- Organic Beef Bone Broth with Seaweed, available in 250ml or 500ml, contains 3.4g of natural collagen in every 100ml
- Organic Chicken Bone Broth with Herbs, available in 250ml or 500ml, contains 2.3g of natural collagen in every 100ml
- Organic Vegan Broth, available in 250ml or 500ml, contains 0.24g of natural potassium in every 100ml
Here are a few of our favourite Bone Broth recipes:
Farm Shop Risotto
A quick trip to any farm shop for fresh summer produce will make a bowl of Bone Broth a carnival of flavours and textures. We simmered risotto in Osius Bone Broth and added:
- Plum Tomatoes, chopped
- Blanched Tender Stem Broccoli (Blanched just means we dropped into a boiling pot of seasoned water for 20 seconds)
- Fresh Peas
- Sautéed Yellow Bell Pepper and Carrot
Any flavour Bone Broth will work, pick your favourite and enjoy good health!
Soba Noodles with Grilled Vegetables and Chicken Bone Broth
Remember those beautiful Buddha Bowls we showed you a few weeks ago? Same concept here-just a quick and delicious meal full of flavour. Again, this is a bowl with no boundaries- it can be any way you like it!
- Grilled Chicken Breast, sliced
- Grilled Aubergine, sliced
- Fresh Spinach
- Sautéed Shiitake Mushroom
- Green Beans
- Sliced Radish
- Spring Onion, roughly chopped
- Red Chilli, sliced
- Sesame Seeds
Arrange your ingredients into a bowl and cover with warmed Organic Chicken Bone Broth. Eat and immediately feel virtuous and nourished!
Souper-Food with Quick Sautéed Vegetables
A classic for any time of day, a soul-warming bowl of Osius Bone Broth and a few vegetables, browned in extra-virgin olive oil for a kick of omega-3, and some courgetti. A guilt-free “noodle” soup with plenty of benefits.
- Chopped Carrots
- Sugar Snap Peas
We'd love to see your Bone Broth creations. Share and use the hashtag #bonebroththyme