These sides are the perfect accompaniments to any BBQ this summer. All can be made in advance either the night before or the morning of your BBQ, leaving you plenty of time to relax and enjoy the warm weather.
All of our BBQ sides don’t contain any product containing gluten which is a nice change to the usual bread heavy BBQ additions.
The hardest part of this side is all the chopping. If you want to chop the vegetables ahead of time, place them in a large bowl of iced water in the fridge for 1 hour then drain well with paper towels before mixing. This will keep the veg crisp and vibrant.
- 450g red and white cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1 small red onion
- 1 pack of tender stem broccoli
- 6 radishes
- Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- Lime Juice
1. Finely (and we mean finely) slice all of the vegetables.
2. Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together until the granulated ingredients have dissolved.
3. Pour over the vegetables and mix well.
Next Level Potato Salad
Next Level Potato Salad
This amazing potato salad is so simple and easy using cupboard ingredients. You’ll never revert to those stodgy little plastic tubs of mayo again!
- 750g small new potatoes
- 200ml buttermilk
- 2 tbsp Chilli Hot Horseradish
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 red onion very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capers chopped
- 75g pickled gherkins chopped
- Small bunch of chives
1. Boil the potatoes in salted water for 18-20 minutes then drain well.
2. Whilst they are cooking mix the buttermilk, horseradish, black pepper, lemon juice and zest together.
3. Mix in the warm potatoes and leave to cool.
4. Add the red onions, capers, gherkins, and most of the chives and mix gently add in a little of the vinegar from the gherkins to loosen the mix and add extra flavour.
5. Season to taste, finish off with the last few chives and serve.
Slow Cooked Vine-Ripened Tomatoes
This dish can be thrown into the oven early morning and left to slowly build in flavor before your guests arrive. It's so simple!
The oil left in the tray is left infused with garlic and sweet caramelised tomato and is perfect for dipping in any leftover bread with a glass of red wine at the end of the evening.
- 4 packs of Cherry tomatoes of the vine
- 1 whole Garlic Bulb halved
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 200ml olive oil
- Crusty bread
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/ 130°C fan/ Gas 2.
2. Put the tomatoes and garlic in a baking tray and tuck the thyme in around them.
3. Cover with the olive oil and season well.
4. Bake for 2 hours or until the tomatoes start to blister.