Our Organic Whole Rack of Lamb is from our guest supplier Coombe Farm based in rural Somerset. Coombe Farm has held Social Association organic status for the last 20 years and claims it's their ethical farming choices that help to create the unbeatable flavours found in their meat.
We've chosen their Organic Whole Rack of Lamb for an alternative Christmas centrepiece because of its rich flavour and buttery soft texture. Cut from the 'best end' of the neck, each seven-rib rack is delicately marbled and benefits from a good layer of superficial fat that ensures succulence.
Serve with our Lamb & Port Gravy and fail-safe Roast Potatoes
485g serves 2.
Defrost thoroughly in the fridge for 24 hours before roasting.
1. Preheat oven to 220oC/200oC Fan/Gas 7.
2. Warm an oven proof dish on your hob and sear on all sides for 2-3 minutes to seal and brown.
If you're planning herb-crusted rack, sear the fat before adding the crust.
3. Place joint in roasting tray and cover loosely with foil.
4. Cook for 17-20 minutes for medium.
5. Check food is piping hot before serving.
Leave in a warm place for 5-10 minutes before carving.This is a guide only, cooking appliances vary.